Officially Old
Yes, my friends, it has finally been confirmed. I am officially old. "Why, Weezie! Not you!" some of you may exclaim. "You're full of life, a hoot! You aren't old." To you I reply, "Bring me my prunes and be quiet while I watch Wheel of Fortune!"
My journey into old age started last weekend. We have satellite radio in our minivan. (the van is clue number 1) I found a top 20 songs channel and started to listen. Good Charlotte, very rockin. I like that "Dancefloor Anthem" song. Then, it happened. Soulja Boy's "Crank Dat" sent me right over the edge. It started off just fine, nice beat. But then, the lyrics. I didn't understand a damn one of them! Oh, I understood the words themselves, but they made no sense to me as they were combined. (clue number 2 - doesn't understand the slang anymore) I've since been told that the song's about sex and that I probably didn't hear the unedited version which would make it all clear. I don't care. I didn't get it. Finally, the boys were on Nick Jr.'s web site yesterday listening to their new favorite band, The Naked Brothers Band. George yelled up the stairs without a hint of irony, "Turn that music down kids! It's too loud!" (clue number 3, I agreed with him)
So, I'll just be here in Pleasantville "gettin jiggy wit it" as the kids say - oh, wait...NO THEY DON'T. It was nice knowing you, pop culture. Today, I am my mother.


1 Comments:
Hey, this post post was 'da bomb! No? That phrase isn't cool anymore? Oh well. I don't get the work "sic" for something being awesome. As in, "Weezie, that minivan is totally sic!" I, too, am old.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home