Overheard on the Train
I don't think I've done one of these in a while and thought it was about time. Last Friday, my bus arrived at the train station in time to see the previous train stopped in front of the station with the passengers pouring out of the cars. It seems that the train had hit a deer, which had f'd up its electrical circuits. So, there were two trains full of people standing on the platform waiting for the next train to come by. A lady on the platform says, "I've been on the train at least 3 times when it's hit PEOPLE and we NEVER had to get off the train before!" Really? 3 times? How inconvenient this whole thing must have been for her.
Then, the other night I heard what can only be described as TMI! There was a group of about 3 50- something men sitting together at the front of the car. A fourth man goes to sit with them and one of them asks him how he's feeling. In a voice that could clearly be heard by me, 4 rows back, he says, "Oh, I'm feeling much better today, except that I've still got a bad case of the trots." WTF?!? Seriously, I do NOT want to hear about the bowels of a stranger. Keep it to yourself.


1 Comments:
They must have been lawyers...they're the only ones that I can think of that divulge that kind of info.
I know know there are quite a few partners from my old firm who ride your bus and would think nothing of dropping that kind of info.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home