Scarred for Life
George and I take the Future Oscar Winner and The Little General to the local YMCA for swimming lessons on Sunday's. It's a lot of fun. Last Sunday, the boys both jumped off the diving board for the first time! It was very exciting stuff. But, that's not really the point of this post.
To enter the YMCA pool area, you have to go through a dressing room. It's really poorly laid out because the only way to get through is to go into the shower area. Not so great if you're a fully clothed parent. But, I digress again. Anyhoo, there are BIG signs on each dressing room door that say children 6 years and up should go into the locker room for their gender. There is also a family locker room in case you need to help out your child of the opposite sex. Good plan, YMCA! Works for me. In our case, the FOW and the LG would have been pointing and giggling from about age three, but they're just advanced that way.
Two Sunday's ago I walk into the ladies locker room and I see this super skinny mom from the swimming lessons in the room with her daughter and her son. Here's the problem. That boy is DEFINITELY 6. He's in the school aged kids class. Too old, if you read the signs, to be in that dressing room. Just as I made a mental note that the kid really shouldn't be in the ladies' dressing room, out walks a 60 year old woman in all her glory! Scarred for life! How'd you like to have that as your first memory of a naked woman?
Now here's the kicker. The kid's dad also comes to the swimming lessons! So why can't he take the son into the men's locker room while the mom takes the daughter? I don't get it.


2 Comments:
No one needs to see that, especially a six year old. Good news is that he probably will not want to see another naked woman for at least 3 years.
Swim lessons in Feb?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home