Moving on Up

I finally got a piece of the pie and man does it taste good.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Truth Hurts

If you ever want an honest opinion about yourself, ask a 4 (almost 5) year old boy. But beware before you ask, because, unlike their adult counterparts, these little men will actually tell you. My parents were visiting over the New Year holiday and the Future Oscar Winner must have told my mom 20 times that she was old. I heard his brother, the Little General, ask her when she was going to die. That must feel nice, to start the new year being told by your grandchildren that you're so old they worry about your upcoming expiration date.

Just so they don't feel so bad, the boys have another category - The Super Old - into which my parents do not currently fall. The Little General did, however, spot someone at the YMCA who, he declared (as loud as he could, while pointing) was SUPER OLD!! He was right about that one and I seriously doubt this man could hear him.

The boys continued their foray into bluntness when the car service driver came to pick up my parents for the airport. He was in his late 50's and was only sporting his silver hair around the outskirts of his head. The Future Oscar Winner immediately pointed at him and said, "Hey! You're bald! I was bald too when I was a baby." Within a split second LG was there with him. "Hey! You're old!" Then, pointing to my parents, "Look! They're old too!"

So, if you're ever brave enough to find out if your butt really DOES look big in those jeans, stop on by. I've got two boys who will tell you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:24 AM , Blogger Nap Queen said...

Oh my goodness, remind me not to see them when I'm having a good breakout. I'm scared to think what they would come up with about my skin!

 
At 4:27 PM , Blogger The Old Lady said...

Yes little ones are so honest! However, when The Monster tells me I look pretty, I know if must be true!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home