Moving on Up

I finally got a piece of the pie and man does it taste good.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Still here, still cold

I had this post about my third trip to New York City to write, but I wasn't feeling it. What I'm feeling mostly is cold. The thermometer on my back porch is down below the 0 and the wind is gusting up to 30 mph. It's the first time we've been here that I actually fear leaving my house. I just told George two days ago that the cold really doesn't bother me, and for the most part, I mean it. I walk to the bus in the snow; I walk to work in the cold and wind and it's fine. Like I said when we left Texas, "They sell coats here."

But, I must say that this is different. The news said this afternoon that it was -21 with the wind chill. I don't care who you are, that's just not right. I heard that groundhog saw his shadow, so I'm not too worried. I said to a neighbor, "How much longer could it last." She gave me a pitying look and said, "Three more months?"

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:10 PM , Blogger The Old Lady said...

I'm just glad to know you are surviving! I've been thinking of you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home