I Hate Beauty Queens
I work with a former beauty queen. She was runner up Miss (insert name of state here), but is now too old to compete in the Miss division of pageants. To tell you the truth, I don't think she's that pretty (she has a weird "small sideburn" thing going on) but there is no denying she has a rockin' body. She's one of those people that until a week or so ago I didn't really think much about. And then...
I eat lunch at my desk a lot of days because I'm busy and because I like to bring my lunch to work for calorie and cash flow control reasons. On several occasions, we've met in the kitchen and spoken about my Lean Cuisine panini sandwich (it really DOES crisp in the microwave!). I guess she inferred that I was on a diet. Well let me tell you that I AM NOT. I eat a well balanced healthy diet and I try to exercise as much as I can. If I want a cookie, I eat it. If I want a greasy hamburger, I eat one. I just don't do it every day. That's life. So, the other day it was someone's birthday at the office and one of my fellas went to get us some cake. He came back and put a piece of cake in front of me and said, "Beauty Queen cut this one for you. She thought you might want a smaller piece." (Picture me wagging my finger and rotating my neck) Oh, no she didn't! Oh, yes she did.
I was a little pissy about it, but decided that she meant no harm and was probably trying to look out for me, blah blah blah. Until...last Tuesday. It was a busy day and I really wanted to get out of the office. English Guy #1 invited me to lunch and I decided to accept. As we were walking out of the office, we ran into Beauty Queen who said, "Going to heat up your panini?" "Not today" I said, "I'm going to Potbelly's." She gave me a look and said, "Be careful that they don't put all of that junk on your sandwich." I WILL EAT WHATEVER I WANT!!! STOP WATCHING WHAT I EAT!!!
To top it off, I caught her rolling her eyes at me on Friday. She rolled her eyes at ME! I simply suggested to one of my fellas that we should institute a Friday cheer. I then did the "ready ok" part and that is when I saw her roll her eyes. And THAT is why I hate beauty queens. No one rolls their eyes at Weezie.


6 Comments:
Go get her Weezie! I think you are beautiful just the way you are.
Thank you, Old Lady! That's what I said!
Potbelly's....ahhhhh...
She's probably sexually frustrated.
OMG, NO SHE DIDN'T! No one puts Weezie in a corner. NO ONE! She needs to get her sideburns waxed and shut the hell up.
OMG! I can't believe the nerve of her.
Oops! That was me before. TxMom.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home