Moving on Up

I finally got a piece of the pie and man does it taste good.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Overheard and Random Observations

I was on the train yesterday going home and heard a man behind me on his cell phone say, "Hey, Hon, it's Jerry." It just made me wonder if there are actually enough people out there calling this particular person Hon so that Jerry has to clarify who he is. It's like when my accented mother-in-law calls me and says, "Hi, mija, it's me, mom." Who else would it be?

Women wearing white linen pants should not wear striped panties with writing on them underneath. It just makes me stare at your butt so that I can read your drawers. I think they said Snoopy.

Chicago is not the fittest city on the planet. Every day I see plenty of people with butts wider than mine. It makes me feel really good and a lot less motivated to lose these last 30 pounds, but I'm going to overcome. I started by not partaking in my building's ice cream social today. I ate my 100 calorie pack of Oreo crisps instead.

4 year old boys who request that you play Madonna's Hung Up every time you're in the car crack me up. It's even funnier when they know all the words.

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM , Blogger Nap Queen said...

Yeah, the food up there is good which doesn't help the waistline much. Only 30 more pounds to go? You're awesome.

 
At 8:08 AM , Blogger The Old Lady said...

I once had a 3 year old who knew all the words to U2's "Elevation".

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home