Moving on Up

I finally got a piece of the pie and man does it taste good.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

JACKPOT!!!

I feel like I've hit the jackpot! As you probably know, I made a lifestyle change last summer and have lost over 50 pounds this past year. Although I'm extremely happy with what I've been able to do, I definitely have more weight to go. Since we "moved on up" I've been stuck and a little bummed about it since I am moving more just to and from the train station than I ever was in Texas. My scale has refused to fluctuate, but I've been thinking that my clothes were fitting more loosely. And this week it happened!

I'm at a conference for work, staying in a pretty swanky resort. It's the kind of place with BVLGARI products in the bathroom and fuzzy robes and slippers. It's also the kind of place with a set of scales in the bathroom. So, I hopped on because I'm a glutton for punishment. BINGO! LOTTO! JACKPOT! To my amazement, these magic scales say I weigh 15 pounds less than the ones at home! Let me repeat that. 15 pounds LESS than at home. At this point, I don't even care if they're accurate. I'm stuffing them in my suitcase and they're going home with me, where we'll live happily ever after - me and my skinny scales.

3 Comments:

At 12:34 PM , Blogger Nap Queen said...

OMG, ship one to me!!!! That is so awesome. Time to buy some new clothes :)

How is the conference?

 
At 7:09 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Yahoooooooooooo for you!!!!!


BTW, we're coming to town for Labor Day Weekend and would love to see you guy! E-mail me if you get a chance...

 
At 6:11 AM , Blogger The Old Lady said...

Can I borrow that scale? Since I have been getting up early and doing aerobics three days a week, I have lost NOTHING. Maybe my scale is broken.

How's ITLA?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home