Moving on Up

I finally got a piece of the pie and man does it taste good.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Candy anyone?

At work on Friday, we experienced that rarest of occasion, the 2-fer from the vending machine. For those of you who don't know what this is, sometimes, the vending machine doesn't give up your snack and it's left hanging. If you're me, you'd beat that machine until it gave up your goods, but not everyone is so tenacious (or hungry). If you happen upon the hanging snack, put in your money and purchase the same item, you'll sometimes get a 2-fer. On Friday, British Guy 2 got 2 Snickers bars for the price of one. Sadly, he doesn't like Snickers, but couldn't resist the lure of the free candy. So, he sold his 2 Snickers to British Guy 1.

During the course of this candy transfer, the two British guys started to talk about their favorite candies growing up. I learned that Milky Ways in Britain are the same as our Three Musketeers. Fascinating, really. Anyhoo, British Guy 1 says that his favorite candy growing up was the "Finger of Fudge." I tried not to laugh. I closed my mouth as tight as I could get it, but to no avail. I ran back to my office where I literally cried I laughed so hard. And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, turns out there was a theme song. It went something like, "A finger of fudge is just enough to give a kid a treat. It's full of velvety goodness and lots of fun to eat..." I couldn't make this stuff up even if I tried.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM , Blogger Nap Queen said...

LOLOLOLOL!!! Finger of fudge? No FREAKING way?? That's almost as good as "Longer, harder, stonger, etc..."

 
At 1:53 PM , Blogger The Old Lady said...

Those Brits!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home